Lunch Is Served, Inc. simply would not exist without ongoing community support! We rely on volunteer labor to pack the lunches, and financial and in-kind donations provide all of the brown bag lunch supplies.
Our program depends on hundreds of volunteers of all ages from service clubs, churches, schools, businesses and social groups, as well as individuals and families to pack all of the sack lunches we serve.
- Lunches are currently packed two times a week:
- Monday @ 5:30pm
- Wednesday afternoons
- Volunteers make sandwiches, pack the brown bag lunches and help deliver the meals.
- We typically need 15 volunteers per packing. There are jobs for people ages 7 to 93!
- It takes approximately 1-2 hours to complete the packing and deliver the meals.
- We ask that volunteers provide donations to cover all or part of the cost of the lunches packed at their scheduled volunteer session. The average cost of the food/supplies for each packing is $350. Every donation makes a difference regardless of size!
- You can check-out the web calendar for available volunteer dates.
- Contact Kathy Junker at (605)271-6161 or firstname.lastname@example.org to volunteer today!
Donation Needs "Wish List"
Please contact Lunch Is Served, Inc. if you are able to donate any of the items listed below:
Vehicle Related Items (In-Kind or Monetary):
- Maintenance & Oil Changes
- Food and Lunch Items:
- Fruit Cups (Individual serving size)
- Breakfast Bars
- Chips (Individual serving size)
- Plastic Spoons
- Dinner Napkins
Your support is greatly appreciated!
How to contact us:
Lunch Is Served, Inc.
1600 E 12th St
Sioux Falls, SD 57103