Miguel P’s search for employment in the Sioux Falls community has been difficult due to limited English and a physical limitation for heavy lifting. He has relied on day labor jobs for wages and hopes to secure employment that will assure a steady paycheck. Miguel strives to increase his English language skills and will continue to utilize day labor resources until he finds permanent work.
Results of a recent survey of 45 people:
- Do you take a lunch on the days they are offered?
- • Of the 45 who answered, only 3 do not take them and 2 buy their own. One answered, “If I can afford it, I don’t take it and let someone else have one.”
- If you weren't provided a lunch, what would you do for lunch today?
- • 21 would not eat, 10 would bring own lunch, one eats every other day, 2 eat food from the vending machine, one eats a candy bar and one brings a potato and “zaps” it in the microwave.
- Do you notice any difference in your energy level at work when you have a lunch?
- • 41 noticed a difference, 2 did not and one wasn't sure.
- "I don’t fall asleep on the line"
- "Much better concentration"
- "I notice a different in energy"
- "Not so tired"
- "Look forward to it all morning"
- "Perks up my whole day"
- "Don’t have my own ever, so I notice a difference."